Dealers, guess what – it’s 2022, which means you no longer have to run your dealership on Windows 95.
After choosing their Dealer Management System (DMS), many dealers believe that it’s too costly and painful to ever make a switch, but technology has evolved and so have dealers’ options when it comes to picking the best dealership management solution to run their shop.
With so many options, selecting the right DMS can be a daunting task. To help kick off 2022 right, we’ve put together a detailed list of questions to guide you in your search for the perfect DMS. Simply ask dealership management solution providers our comprehensive list of questions and compare their responses with other vendors in the marketplace.
Remember there are alot of great dealership management solutions in the marketplace today, be sure to ask the right questions to find the one that fits YOUR dealership’s needs.
Costs & General Questions To Ask a Dealer Management Software Provider
1. Is there a long-term contract?
2. Is there any activation or ongoing costs for continual support?
3. What additional costs are associated with the system?
4. Can you easily add features and users to the plan?
Technical & Admin Questions To Ask a Dealer Management Software Provider
5. Can the dealer access the DMS from anywhere?
6. Can the management software run on any device?
7. Does the DMS provider backup the system
8. Is the DMS provider responsible for performing updates?
9. Does the DMS integrate with other vendors (costs)?
10. How are pricing files managed and uploaded?
Features / Reporting Questions To Ask a Dealer Management Software Provider
11. How is data stored and shared within the system?
12. What type of reports are generated within the DMS?
13. How does the software integrate with parts lookup programs?
14. Does the system integrate with other providers?
15. Will I be able to use my own accounting or CRM system?
Activation / Onboarding / Training Questions To Ask a Dealer Management Software Provider
16. What sort of training is provided to help learn the system?
17. How long does it typically take a dealership to switch?
18. What kind of ongoing technical support is provided (costs)?
19. How much user training is recomended?
20. Is it possible to run a trial? Do you offer free trials?
21. Do you have a client I can speak with?
Don’t Forget To Ask Follow Up Questions
When you are ready to evaluate different dealership management solution providers, be sure to ask them these questions and any others that come up during the demo. Doing so will help ensure that you find the best provider for your team’s unique needs. If you are looking for a dealership management platform with more features than just those included in a DMS, be sure to check out Blackpurl. We offer a comprehensive suite of tools and services that can help dealerships run their business more efficiently and effectively. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you take your business to the next level.